.

.

Monday, November 2, 2015

Upcoming reads...

Hello!  Sorry, I've been MIA lately, but truthfully, blogging has been low on my list of priorities.  Especially, since I've been sick and in a book rut.  Yep, I can't seem to find a good book to read lately and its really starting to get on my nerves.  I've been reading your blog posts for inspiration and ordering books (that never seems to be a problem), but nothing has caught my fancy.  Until now!


and


Two fantastic read-alongs!!  How exciting!!  I've been wanting to re-read the HP series for quite some time and what better season than Fall to dive into Rowling's magical world?  As for Emma, I've had a box set of Austen's works for years that have yet to be read - now is the time!  I loved P&P to pieces and just know that I will fall in love with Emma, too. 

If you want to join in on either of these fun read-alongs, check out the following websites for more information: Emma and Harry Potter

And now, I'm off to re-acquaint myself with Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Dumbledore.  Hope you have a Happy Monday!!

11 comments:

Carin Siegfried said...

Keep in mind w Emma that JA set out to write a disagreeable main character. I like her, but some people don't. She's a bit self-absorbed and meddling. The movie Clueless is based on Emma so if Cher doesn't bother you, Emma likely won't either. I'd hate for you not to get out if your book slump! Those suck.

Nadia said...

Carin, thanks for that tip. I love Clueless and though Cher can be a bit of a pill at times (with her meddling), I did like her character. So, I think I may just get along with Emma :) I'm counting on these books to help me get my reading mojo back - fingers crossed! Thanks :)

Lark said...

Have fun! Nothing beats Hogwarts and Harry Potter! Oh, and Emma is pretty good, too. :)

Nadia said...

Lark, thanks! I'm definitely planning on enjoying HP :) I'm looking forward to Emma - hope I like it. Cheers!

Bellezza said...

I've been in SUCH a slump myself! It took me two weeks to read Henning Mankell's Italian Shoes and it's only 200+ pages. Glad we're reading Emma together, and Harry would be tempting if I wasn't accompanying Don Quixote in his adventures until January.

Nadia said...

M, maybe the reading slump is contagious :) I think its just life interfering with our reading - LOL! I'm glad we are reading Emma together, too. It'll be a fun experience. I saw that you were reading DQ - WOW! I've been tempted to read it before, but never got around to it. I think you will love it - from what I hear it truly is a great read. I'm enjoying the first HP book so far - how could I not? I love the series! I think it will definitely put me in the holiday spirit as well. Hope you have a great week!!

Brandie said...

I'm sorry you've been sick and in a reading rut!! That sucks, but I'm glad you're on the mend and found some readalongs to get you back into reading again. :) Have fun with it!!

Nadia said...

Brandie, thanks. I'm definitely feeling loads better :) I plan on enjoying both readalongs - how could I not when they are both reading some great books!?! Hope you have a great week!!

Ti said...

We are twins in this reading world. I just posted about my reading. I refuse to call it a rut but that is what it resembles.

Nadia said...

Ti, we are totally twins in the reading world - LOL! I guess great minds think alike, eh? I know, I hate the word rut, but that's what it feels like. I'm counting on HP to get me back in the swing of reading - fingers crossed!

Lisa said...

Dang, I just read Emma or I would have joined that one! Hope these help you beat that rut!