.

.

Monday, December 18, 2017

Stocking Stuffer!

Here's an idea for the perfect stocking stuffer:

(Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book!)

The deluxe paperback edition of Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery is out now and makes a darling gift for fans of the beloved classic and for anyone who loves to read.  This new edition is chock full of great additions - a foreword by J. Courtney Sullivan ( author of Maine and Commencement) and an introduction by an L. M. Montgomery scholar, Benjamin Lefebvre.  Plus, there are early writings by Montgomery herself that describe the creation of this coming-of-age tale, starring the literary icon, " Anne with an e".   And that cover - wow!  Look at the colors - so vibrant and cheerful. And those fun illustrations depicting images from the story.  You can't help but want to pick up this story and start reading - I know that I did. I absolutely LOVED reading all about "Anne with an e" - the clever, scrappy girl who gets sent to a farm by mistake.  The owners (a pair of siblings) wanted to adopt a boy to help out on their farm, not a little girl.  Yet, they soon find themselves warming up to our quirky little heroine, the precocious redhead named Anne.  Soon, she is settling in at the farm and in town - seems that no one can help but fall in love with "Anne with an e". 

What a fun story! I can't believe that I'd waited so long to read it - what was I thinking!?! At least now I know which book I want to share with my little cousins and friend's kids this holiday season - they are going to just LOVE getting to know "Anne with an e". 

6 comments:

Lark said...

I would love to find this...or any book really...in my Christmas stocking. Chocolate is good, too. :)

Nadia said...

Lark, I know, right? And chocolate would make it a stellar stocking :)

Ti said...

I own an illustrated copy but have never read Anne!

Nadia said...

Ti, you must read it! Such a great story :)

Leviton Products said...

Anne will make a place for herself in the village of Avonlea, and blossom into an attractive young woman. Time will deliver a chance for college, but life will demand adult choices at a critical moment. Those choices will change her life and that of those around her. Very highly recommended.

Dianna said...

This is a wonderful story! I read the entire series and still want more.